Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Friday, February 17, 2012

Shame! Issa Bars Irrelevant Witness From Testifying

"Where are the women? Where are the women?" droned Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney in her New York monotone. Maloney represents New York's 14th "silk stocking" district where her constituents for the most part have the financial where with all to avoid the consequences of her voting behavior. If you haven't come across Maloney before your luck may have run out. Either she or the affable Maxine Waters will be taking Barney Frank's seat on the Financial Services Committee when the buxom congressman from New Bedford retires.

Maloney and the crew cut delegate from the Washington DC, Eleanor Holmes Norton staged a brief walkout to protest the obvious bias displayed by Chairman Darrell Issa who would not let the minority party's lone witness testify. The witness who would have redressed the horrific gender imbalance that upset Maloney and Holmes so much was Sandra Fluke, a law student from Georgetown University whose expertise on the thorny issue of freedom of religion and government mandates consisted of having a classmate who had ovarian cancer and whose medication wasn't covered under her insurance policy. ABC News impartially reported this onerous act of gender insensitivity with the banner, " Rep. Darrell Issa Bars Minority Witness, a Woman, on Contraception" on its web site.

Ms Fluke did release this video in which stresses the importance of mandated entitlements in college life in America today and it seems the Jesuits at Georgetown really aren't doing their fair share to ward of the dangers of unprotected sex. It would not be a fluke if Ms Fluke becomes the the poster child for the entitlement society. She is a former president of the Center for Reproductive Justice, whatever that may be, and we find she is attending Georgetown on a scholarship and now all she needs is another $3 K to insure her reproductive justice. She tearfully recounts the embarrassment of a student when told that contraceptives were not covered under her health insurance policy. In summation Ms Fluke is at the mercy of the people who have to pay the premiums for her insurance policy and to her that just isn't fair.

5 comments:

  1. I am here today to decry the lack of coverage for contraception for my dog. You may think this is frivolous but I need my dog! My life is so dry and empty that I have nothing and no one to fill my boring hours. Everybody else has partners or family but I have nothing. And if my dog, whose right it is to be sexually active, bears anymore baby dogs, then I WILL BE PUNISHED WITH PUPPIES, an unfairness that even our POTUS has recognized! I have no money to pay for more PUPPIES! Do the Republicans NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

    Dog contraception should be covered! And it cost over $3000 a year to provide that contraception! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I used 'em they cost two for a quarter and were available only in service station restrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put an aspirin in my shoe. Made me limp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more very soon!

    ReplyDelete