Click to see

Click to see
Obama countdown

Monday, February 6, 2012

The entitlement presidency

  The magnificent writer Victor Davis Hanson has his arms around something both disconcerting and encouraging in his recent article. He wonders why he feels like an enemy to this president, who seems to despise everyone but his own:
After three years, I realize that lots of us are on the downside of about every one of the president’s new Mason-Dixon lines. Yet I am not a one-percenter like Jon Corzine or Nancy Pelosi. I did not send my kids to private schools as did the Obamas in Chicago. I live in a racially mixed area, one of the poorest in the nation—unlike the mostly white mansion environs of John Kerry. My siblings’ families are racially mixed; I’ve never bought and sold real estate, or made much money on investments. I am certainly, then, no Rahm Emanuel, Jamie Gorelick, or Franklin Raines. I never had any developer give me a sweetheart deal to expand my backyard as did Barack Obama. I have never in my life used the term “typical black person” and would not dream of talking in terms of being a “wise white guy.” I have never been in a church where the pastor used the Lord’s name to amplify his cursing.
  Hanson concludes that America's a pretty great place to live, particularly considering the alternatives.
  Regardless, Obama believes he deserves a second term.
  The use of the word deserves is interesting; it's so entitled, so self involved and demanding.
  I deserve my mortgage paid.
  I deserve free insulation for my home.
  I deserve a discount on my Volt or my new car.
  The auto industry deserves to be "saved."
  Illegals deserve to be given citizenship.
  It goes on, grievance after grievance.
  This is a presidency built on grievances, division and punishment.
  Somehow, however, soldiers don't deserve combat pay unless somebody actually shoots him. 
  We discover that Obama has stopped combat pay for soldiers serving in combat zones areas where people have big boom booms and hate American soldiers overseas areas.
So I just got a letter from MyPay (the way we get paid in the military), saying that I will only reason Combat Pay while deployed for the days that I take fire or am in a hostile area. Now, as an Infantry Marine, I’m constantly in a combat zone…it may not always be popping off, but for them to take that away from us is bullshit. Now, the aviation tech who sits on Camp Leatherneck, sure, I can see him not getting Combat Pay, but to take it away from the grunts, the ground pounders, the front line of defense…come on, Uncle Sam. You let the Liberals win a big one here… Marine from Florida (We are not posting his name for obvious reasons).

1 comment:

  1. Dead people deserve money too. A Few months after my mother died she received a check for $250 from one of those Bush stimulus give aways. I took it the IRS but they lady said if she was alive on such and such a date "she deserved the money".

    ReplyDelete